Twitter / bprost

Friday, March 19, 2010

Radio Show: March 19th

Hey everyone,
This is what I played today on CJSF 90.1FM from 1-2pm PST:

Jay Farrar and Ben Gibbard- San Francisco
Matthew Barber- Comeback Baby
Lightspeed Champion- Deadhead Blues
The Zolas- The Great Collapse
Sparklehorse- Gold Day
Big Star- Thirteen
Hawksley Workman- We Aint No Vampire Bats
The Swell Season- The Rain
Jason Collett- Lake Superior
Carolina Chocolate Drops- Your Baby Aint Sweet Like Me
Sarah June- Brand of Bitterness
Elevator Music- Going Away Party
Get Away Girls- I Was a Desert

You can download/listen to an mp3 of the show in two parts:
Part One/Part Two.

I hope everyone enjoyed today's show, in particular the tributes to Mark Linkous and Alex Chilton. Sorry if I got too emotional, but I just think it's very sad to have lost those two talented musicians. Make sure if you haven't heard their stuff you go out and give it a listen. Keep their memories alive.

Be sure to tune in next Friday from 1-2pm for another Jumbalaya.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search My Blog